Monday, February 16, 2015

Phantom of the Opera Video Game


When I heard we had to select an opera for our project, I immediately thought of Phantom.  Although it's more of a musical than traditional opera, I couldn't turn down an opportunity to use this as my topic.  I have sort of a personal connection to this show, as my girlfriend of two years is currently the leading lady Christine in the actual Broadway production.  Before she landed this role, she was Christine on the National Broadway tour the previous year.  So, not only have I been dating "Christine" for over a year, but I have seen both the new production and the classic production over a dozen times.

I have listened to the musical multiple times and although I know almost all the lyrics and dialogue I still am amazed at how timeless and beautiful it all is.  I think it will be a fun adventure trying to turn this into a video game.

No comments:

Post a Comment